Thursday 6 January 2011

Day Off Thursday

Had my day off training today and I needed it!

 Wednesday - always a long day for me work wise, plus the weeks previous training caught up and after running club I was shattered and needed to sleep.  Had a good solid week, and getting back in the pool was great. Also reminded me that if I expect to work, train and see my family I must get good rest and sleep! I know I need at least 8 hrs sleep to recover from the regular training and work. This will go nearer 9 hours when the training steps up.

Over Friday, Sat and Sunday should get a long run, long bike, 2 swims and a tempo run, having had the rest today I am looking forward to it.

Last night while standing in the wind and rain coaching I starting looking forward to flying to La Santa even more! Becci is excited about her marathon course and I think we have just about managed to sort out that we will both be able to get some decent training hours in plus have a great time as a family.

Only a few weeks until the Marathon training day we are hosting on January 30th.  Putting the structure together for the day, including the presentation on heart rate, conditioning session for running and nutrition info.  Have wanted to do a coaching day like this for a long time now, it will be great to wrap up all the info and advantages of heart rate training into a presentation for the athletes.

Good PT / coaching sessions today with 2 good athletes. One FTP wattage test and one Run hill session.

78.2kgs this morning.

Left Knee felt good today, seems it can take 2-3 days running on the bounce then need a rest.

Alan Bennett and Greg Cahill, both doing Ironman Wales from our club have blogs to record their journey.  Having such a good club and community of athletes in the town is really exciting plus it makes training so much easier having a big network of athletes to train and mix with.

http://albennettimwales.blogspot.com/
http://theroadtoim2011.blogspot.com/?spref=fb

No comments:

Post a Comment